DOUBLE KA MEETHA RECIPE
(డబల్ క మీట, BREAD PUDDING)
Double ka meetha is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with sugar syrup, spices, including saffron and cardamom. Double ka meetha is a dessert of Hyderabad.
- Bread slices - 10
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cashews - 10
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Raisins - 10
- Almonds - 5
- Saffron strands - Pinch
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Trim edges of bread.
- Take sugar and water in a vessel and put it on heat.
- Boil till sugar melts and turns into sticky syrup.
- Add cardamom powder to sugar syrup when you get thick consistency.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Roast cashews and raisins till they turn light brown.
- Take them into a bowl.
- Roast bread slices by spreading ghee on them till they turn golden brown. Do not burn them.
- Take warm milk.
- Soak roasted bread slices in warm milk and set aside.
- Add these slices to sugar syrup.
- Add saffron.
- Cook for 3 - 5 minutes on low flame till you get thick consistency of dessert.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and raisins.
- Tasty double ka meetha is ready to serve.